Saturday 4 January 2014

Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 6 Review and Swatches and a Happy New Year !

2013 was great in terms of makeup but not so with my blogging job :) And honestly I did not miss blogging. I did feel guilty but nothing to nudge me into blogging again. I have no idea how my passion for beauty blogging waned. I am trying to resurrect it.So My new year resolution is to do a minimum of 2 posts a week :P 

To keep up I am going to review the Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 6.



The Lip polish is priced at Rs. 450/- for 5 ml and comes in a queer tube that has a lipstick bullet like packaging. But in real it is a lipgloss when u screw open the silver cap. 



U can check out the Maybelline Lip Polish Page by clicking on the below link:

http://maybelline.co.in/catalog/product.aspx?prdcode=P50257011&catcode=F1_LipColor


What pisses me off the most in makeup products other than frosty shimmers in lipsticks? Number system instead of names. How are we less mortals supposed to remember the numbers of lipsticks and blushes?

Glam 6 is a deep dark grape shade and I am calling it *Grape Squash*. I think that sounds better dontcha gals ;) If  black grapes could stain my lips it would this exact shade. Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Grape would come close.





The applicator has a petal like (?) shape to it that deposits color evenly. But then, it is too big for my lips and the color smears outside my lips during application :(

The lip polish has a creamy texture and no shimmery surprise :) On application, it gives the glossiest finish and opaque coverage ( I am nt sure about the other shades though)I have ever obtained from a lip gloss. Lips do look fuller and smoother.




Sits comfortably on the lips and is not sticky. Feels light weight and doe not bleed despite being
 creamy. Lip gloss, Lipstick and Lip balm in a tube ? I tend to agree with Maybelline on this :)


Lasts for 3.5-4 hrs max on me while the glossiness vanishes after 1 hour. After meals it leaves behind a subtle pink stain.





This is a wintery shade that will not wash out any skin color. Plus if u have been lusting after Katy Perry's lip color from her Unconditionally video, then grab this :)



Verdict :

I would pick the Lip Polishes and the Cheek Glow blushes as the best of Maybelline from 2013 :) 


Wishing u gals a very Happy New Year :) 





 Disclaimer : Product Sent by Brand for Consideration. But My opinions are honest swear to God ;)

4 comments:

  1. this shade Looking very nice Raaga :) Hope you are doing good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am dng gr8 Rads :) It is a gud wintery shade :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to blogging world! :D Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...